$1.99/mo Web Hosting

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Strictly Business or Make it Personal

I have profiles on many social networks. In my opinion when someone diggs an article, shares a link on facebook, or adds a micro blog post on twitter it is more interesting for me when they are not all geared towards selling me something. But sometimes I wonder... is it too much personal information? I think that exact thought is what holds me back from posting more. Does anyone really even read this blog? My brother has mentioned he stops by occasionally, "Hi, Andy!" So, the question is should I keep posting strictly business related entries or do you like the occasional personal tid-bit? Seriously, before you add spam to my comments at the very least consider answering the question truthfully. Then again, maybe to ask the question is backwards, because really whatever I post about will be crawled and then added to a relevant search result. What are your thoughts? Do you really want to hear about... my sock eating lab, life with a teenage son who probably wouldn't ever leave his room if I added a toilet and a refrigerator, getting bit by one twin daughter while being distracted with a kiss from the other, loving a man who sustained a mild to moderate traumatic brain injury long before I met him, or what it is like to handle all of the above while trying to work from a home office and never knowing when the next hot flash will leave me soaking wet in sweat? Or would you prefer I stick to strictly business? I'm looking forward to your comments.

No comments: